Monday, March 6, 2017

Why I haven't blogged as often

As I've mention recently, I've been getting more into the work of author and researcher Dr. Brene Brown. She focuses a lot of her work on the most core and essential human emotions and experiences, and how they can sometimes be flip sides of the same coin: shame, love, joy, worry, etc. They all come down in core (or at least how I interpret them) to vulnerability. In reading one of her books about whole-hearted living, The Gifts of Imperfection: Your Guide to a Wholehearted Life, I began thinking of my own struggles with perfection, and owning "being smart" as a core personality trait. I'll go into more on that later, but through that experience I realized that I don't think my blog or what I have to say is ever "good enough" so why bother posting it. But let's be real, this is a creative outlet and nothing more. I'm not a "blogger", I'm not trying to make money or have pictures that look perfect. I just like sharing my thoughts, my experiences and some creative ideas I may have from time to time. I'm in no way shape or form a theologian or even remotely experienced in working in ministry. I'm a Catholic girl in her mid-twenties in graduate school, and this is just my life right now and what I'm thinking and experiencing.

I write because it helps me to process through big ideas, to slow my mind and body down enough to get words on paper (or screen) in an organized fashion that helps me to make sense of it all. I feel like my processing things out and posting them, not only does it hold me accountable to work through some of the bigger topics in life, but also maybe my processing may help someone else see something more clearly.


I've decided to write regardless if anyone reads. If you have thoughts or questions, I will always try to answer, but this isn't a business or a full-time gig, so I'm just going to let it be what it is for now. On that note I have to go, I should probably be doing homework or research or something right now. #graduateschoolproblems

Or maybe I'm just going to Disney World again :D

No comments:

Post a Comment